Breathing- Please give your opinion about Proper Breathing

Welcome Forums Treating Prolapse Naturally Breathing- Please give your opinion about Proper Breathing

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  herewithyou 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

herewithyou
    Participant

Thank you sasa for that explanation , that is so useful to me.

Prolapsed after last baby 3 years ago. Arvigo , Walking outdoors, epsom salt baths, proper rest, attention to alignment, movement, nutrition, supplements, seem to keep me the most comfortable. My symptoms come and go in type/ intensity with my hormones and my level of stress. Varied symptom base. In my 40's. Still BF. It has been a journey, in every way, and I'm getting better with God's help. USA

pinkbunnylugs
    Participant

Great post! I am sooooo confused! Most I’ve heard say chest breathe inc Habit and hypopressive.
    However this week I saw a world class pelvic physio which I keep meaning to start a feed on but haven’t had time. She recommends nelly breathing for me, but that’s because I am hypertonic. Not sure if she recommends this for everyone, I didn’t ask

Daughter born Nov '15 with 3rd degree tear. Very mild recto. Mod DR. History of constipation & haemorrhoids. Recently diagnosed PFD/hypertonicity. Doing physio. UK. 26yo. Breastfeeding. Low level symptoms. Wants more kids. Not on here regularly.

herewithyou
    Participant

Pink,
    I’m glad you can benefit from this discussion as well. I do think that breathing deeply into the belly is something that I need to consciously do while I’m resting , lying down, or sitting perhaps, in order to keep my tightness at bay and relaxed. But, I have looked back over the notes from one of my physical therapists, who is also trained as an allignment expert, and she has me instructed to work on my allignment and to breathe into my rib cage, as she calls it, umbrella breathing. I am experimenting with that right now and I think it is close to what Tasha teaches on the habit website. Again, though, I could be wrong, I find all of this so confusing. But I like Sasa’s attitude of “try it and see if it feels good!”. So, I’m doing just that.

Ya’ll, I have decided that I have been splaying my ribs forward again, having too much of an anterior tilt and that I need to work on my posture and alignent again. That’s my default. My default is an anterior tilt of the pelvis with a bit of slumping in the shoulders and yet my ribs too jutted out.I guess because my abdominals are weak? I don’t know…but none of that leads to controlling my pain in my lower back and sacral area and really it probably contributes. This may even be why I have had a bit of a setback in my pain levels this month over last month.

So, I got out my PT’s notes to me and have been studying how to apply the alignemnt corrections this morning. She is a DPT but also is certified by restorative exercise institute with Katy Bowman, the biomechinist who is the best selling author of Move Your DNA and other books out there.

At any rate, that’s another thing that confuses me to no end. All the posture materials out there. I have had three different PTs and they all had differing advise on posture, but one thing they all agree on is that I have too much of an anterior tilt. So, I’m working on that!

Prolapsed after last baby 3 years ago. Arvigo , Walking outdoors, epsom salt baths, proper rest, attention to alignment, movement, nutrition, supplements, seem to keep me the most comfortable. My symptoms come and go in type/ intensity with my hormones and my level of stress. Varied symptom base. In my 40's. Still BF. It has been a journey, in every way, and I'm getting better with God's help. USA

herewithyou
    Participant

https://nutritiousmovement.com/under-pressure-part-2/

This is a blog by Katy Bowman. It’s actually part 2 of a first one and both are very good to read. In this one she covers breathing and has a video and I think it is very interesting. This is exactly the advice one of my PT”s had for me. This PT was a DPT and is certified by Katy’s restorative exericse instiute as well, so obviously she is going to follow this train of thought. But it makes sense. Anyway, I just wanted to share in case anyone is interesting in studying more. I’m currently studying Katy Says blog and trying to revisit and reincorporate again all the things my DPT wanted me to do that was trained by Katy. So, We’ll see how that goes.

herewithyou
    Participant

I thought this was good about breathing.

This lady had an interesting website and I have enjoyed a couple of her youtubes already.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.