Hello again!

Welcome Forums Pregnancy and Post-Partum Hello again!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  herewithyou 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

C_bell
    Participant

Hello everyone!! Me again. I’m sorry for the extremely late update. I hope everyone is keeping well? I have been through a bit of a tough time since the birth of my 3rd. Struggling a little so I thought I would return as this forum helped me so much in my dark days after my second. So, it’s been a rough ride to say the least. My baby girl is now 8 months old. She is perfect. I am suffering, however. After the c section I actually didn’t feel too bad, I pooped well & things didn’t feel too wobbly, but unfortunately for some reason things have been getting gradually worse. I won’t bore you all with the details. I think it’s probably a mixture of a few things. Hormones, the fact that having 3 kids under 4 is very physically demanding & im not getting much chance to rest. So i apologise for coming back with a less than upbeat post!! To top it off, my potential surgeon is now being investigated by the NHS & wont be performing any more ops. Specifically related to this surgery too. Which is swell lol. I’m a bit stuck now. I know that they do this op in other parts of the country & even the world, but I still worry about the risks involved. I do know however that I can’t continue this way forever. Anyway I’m going to try and give it some time. I know that the body can take up to two years to heal & I still have a tiny little itsy bit of faith (although this might be the inner optismist in me who refuses to give up) However I do not feel I have the right tools in place. I have been doing my kegel 8, and a little bit of habit DVD, which for some reason helps me feel stronger but makes my pooping issues worse. I seem to have issues with core strength since my c section & I really want to get this back. Plus my belly is a total mess. Can anyone offer any advice? Sasa, I know you are a Pilates guru, is Pilates a good way to go? I’m scared of making my pooping issues worse but to be honest at this point I don’t have much to lose!! I really hope everyone is okay & im sorry it has been so long 🙂 I had not forgotten about you all x

Grade 1 Rectocele & cystocele & uterine prolapse after first baby at age 25. Managed to stabilise by 16 months pp. Second vaginal birth made me worse & developed a internal rectal prolapse. Just had my 3rd baby via c section 🙂 Still very symptomatic. Doing kegel 8 & habit.

herewithyou
    Participant

Hello C Bell!

I have wondered about you so many times.

I am like you in that doing too much in the way of pelvic basket exercises makes my pooping issues worse too.

I actually have given up on that but still do other things that help me stay somewhat manageable (walking, epsom salt baths, foam rolling, etc etc ext)

I also am wearing my faja wrap a lot these days .

My baby is three and I had a bunch of progress after he was 2 and I still hope for more.

I’m in there with you. Don’t apologize for not being upbeat becauee I think you have a good attitude given all you deal with.

I’m still hoping as my baby turns older I’ll get better and I hope and pray it for you too.

Thanks for checking in.

Prolapsed after last baby 3 years ago. Arvigo , Walking outdoors, epsom salt baths, proper rest, attention to alignment, movement, nutrition, supplements, seem to keep me the most comfortable. My symptoms come and go in type/ intensity with my hormones and my level of stress. Varied symptom base. In my 40's. Still BF. It has been a journey, in every way, and I'm getting better with God's help. USA

herewithyou
    Participant

By the way, I’m currently trying potassium citrate supplementation. Jini Patel of “listen to your gut” website says it can help stenosis type constipation (where the anus seems to constrict the elimination). I figure it can’t hurt. I did good today.

Prolapsed after last baby 3 years ago. Arvigo , Walking outdoors, epsom salt baths, proper rest, attention to alignment, movement, nutrition, supplements, seem to keep me the most comfortable. My symptoms come and go in type/ intensity with my hormones and my level of stress. Varied symptom base. In my 40's. Still BF. It has been a journey, in every way, and I'm getting better with God's help. USA

bandysh
    Participant

Hey c bell ! It’s good to hear from you, but sorry your having a tough time. I just read your post and just wanted to remind you regarding the pooping issues that if you have any dysfunction and your pelvic floor is too tight the kegel 8 could make things worse in this sense &I then the kegels on the habit DVD. Have you don’t any reverse kegels? They helped me with bowel issues a bunch.

Now 14 months postpartum and 12 months post prolapse. Slight cystocele/low cervix after jogging 6 weeks postpartum. Severe heaviness/dragging/nerve pain for first 6 months, now feeling good thanks to physio. Now suffer from mostly pelvic floor dysfunction. Still have trouble standing in one place for several hours at work & sex also brings symptoms. Working hard on increasing exercise intensity slowly but surely in order to get more of my active life back.

herewithyou
    Participant

Hey c bell ! It’s good to hear from you, but sorry your having a tough time. I just read your post and just wanted to remind you regarding the pooping issues that if you have any dysfunction and your pelvic floor is too tight the kegel 8 could make things worse in this sense &I then the kegels on the habit DVD. Have you don’t any reverse kegels? They helped me with bowel issues a bunch.

<hr>

Now 14 months postpartum and 12 months post prolapse. Slight cystocele/low cervix after jogging 6 weeks postpartum. Severe heaviness/dragging/nerve pain for first 6 months, now feeling good thanks to physio. Now suffer from mostly pelvic floor dysfunction. Still have trouble standing in one place for several hours at work & sex also brings symptoms. Working hard on increasing exercise intensity slowly but surely in order to get more of my active life back.

Agree. And ditto.

C_bell
    Participant

Hey

Thank you ladies 🙂 I do feel very nervous about stopping the kegel 8 to be honest. Especially as things feel very weak down there. I’m so busy with the kids & on my feet a lot, I worry that things will just completely explode lol. I do feel totally pants though so maybe I should try just stopping everything. I really wish the habit would work for me as when I’ve done it the rest of my body has just felt so much stronger but down there gets worse. Maybe I am not giving it enough time.x

Grade 1 Rectocele & cystocele & uterine prolapse after first baby at age 25. Managed to stabilise by 16 months pp. Second vaginal birth made me worse & developed a internal rectal prolapse. Just had my 3rd baby via c section 🙂 Still very symptomatic. Doing kegel 8 & habit.

C_bell
    Participant

I’m sorry I’m not sure what reverse kegels are? X

herewithyou
    Participant

Isa Herrera teaches reverse kegels. It’s the opposite of a kegel. A kegel is tightening up the PF into a lift, but a reverse kegel is a release of the pelvic floor. Do a deep diaphragmatic breath and allow the pelvic floor to naturally relax and expand and drop and release when you breathe in. I like to think of the sit bones expanding and getting further apart. Take several deep breaths Allowing the diaphragm to lower fully and the whole torso and abdomen to expand and the PF to expand and lower and relax. Do this lying down or sitting and take breathing breaks when you need to. This is good for many things. Different professionals cue this differently and have different names for it, but it’s basically relaxing and lowering and expanding the PF on the in breath, while taking a nice deep natural diaphragmatic breath.
    When I do this I can feel my insides being massaged and the posterior PF releasing a bit. It feels good. I do it on the toilet and it helps me have a bowel movement. It helps you relax, it helps with passing gas, etc.

And please Bandy and or Sasa or anyone else, jump in and correct me if i didn’t word this correctly.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  herewithyou.

C_bell
    Participant

Thank you herewithyou I will give that a try. I’m so glad to read you are feeling improvements x

herewithyou
    Participant

C Bell,

Here’s a link to an explanation of reverse kegels by Isa Herrera. At one point in time I entered my email into her website and was able to get some free info and videos. I saved this one to my Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ylyfxo0wblk21r/PPR-RESOURCE-DIAPHRAGMATIC-BREATHING-REVERSE-KEGEL.pdf?dl=0

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.