Trey's Disclaimer on Laser

Welcome Forums Ask a Professional Trey – RN and Researcher Trey's Disclaimer on Laser

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Trey 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Trey

Before anyone purchases a laser, you must do your homework.

Each person must search out information as I did when I bought my first laser six years ago. At that time they were only allowed for vet use even though we used it on ourselves as well as our pets. Then FDA approved the ML830, in 2002, as safe for human use.

I cannot take any responsibility for individual choices, other than my own, even though I have read that there have been no side effects in approximately fifty years of use. As I’ve said before, I never prescribe because I am not a physician.

I am so darn frustrated. The more I try to share what has worked wonderfully for so many people, the more cautious I get. Perhaps after the seminar I take from the PT who has used it for ten years for pelvic floor conditions I will be more confident. I guess it boils down to we are all different and need to decide what is best for ourselves. Read, read, read.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Trey.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Trey. Reason: Clarification
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Trey. Reason: Clarification

staceya

Thanks, Trey. I think it is always important to take universal precaution when undergoing any treatment, understanding the benefits and risks.

Trey

Hi Stacey, the thing is the laser works so, so well for me and all I’ve used it on and others that own them. But, it is still a lot of money, even though the best value out there, and I use it for so many things and I’m not sure others would get that huge use I do. I use it for serious spine issues, TMJ, sinuses, teeth, wounds, neuropathy from drug side effect, and so on. Most of you are younger and only interested in pelvic use. I know it works for trigger points, swelling, muscle, tendon pain, and most probably could help in laying down new collagen cells. I guess I wish everyone could have a trial with the laser to see the results for them individually. I absolutely love mine and frankly could not live well without them. My spine has been really bad of late and I laser and I’m able to get on with life. On pelvic I am very happy as I am beginning to feel the tissue is stronger and the cele is higher. Also, pelvic pain, from torn levator ani was disabling and I can laser it and it is gone. Also can hit trigger points over the pubic bone, iliacus and psoas and relax my pelvic floor.

When the 830 came out, it was the first approved by the FDA for human use and was about $10,000. Thousands were sold at that price. His discount to our members is really, really good.

I am so excited to hear how Kristina does with it. I know she will be a great student and learn it fast. It is easy. But mostly I want to hear of her results to share.

Hi Trey,
    I’m very interested To know more about the laser.. How long have you been using it for your pelvic issue? How much is the laser you use? Is the one you mention above the name of the laser? When u say spine problems donu mean like a disc problem? As I have a cystocele same grade as yours & hubby has a few back problems.. Do you know of any in use in Australia?
    Thanks

Trey

Will pm you. I don’t want to load up forum with laser stuff.

Trey

Mumof2precioussouls. Google “low level light therapy in Aistralia”. Lots of good links.

Fiona
    Participant

I just found this talk by an Australian GP on low light laser. It really summarises the evidence well, it is aimed at Drs so a bit technical but have a look anyway!

http://racgpconference.com.au/gp13/PDF/presentations2013/PainManagement/8.pdf

Descending perineum syndrome/rectal descent, rectocele, sigmoidocele, cystocele after VBAC/ventouse. Laparoscopic sigmoid resection recotpexy 17/8/15. Just hoping my bottom stays put!

Trey

Fiona, I can’t thank you enough for citing this work on laser. I’ve read hundreds of studies and read a $116.00 approx book called Laser Phototherapy by Hode and Tuner. The book summarized 2500 studies approx and drove me mad. I have been mulling writing a book for layman and now reading this book by Chow, I no longer feel the need. I’ve written a book before and it took up my life and I dreaded doing so again.

This is a terrific compilation of fairly easy to understand principals of laser therapy and I no longer feel like I’m shouting in the dark. My personal physicians have been fascinated by my experiences but I honestly think they think I’m dealing with a Star Wars phenomena ……and perhaps I am. But now I have a reference for them.

I own three lasers and now am thinking of obtaining the 655 approx, but will read more in depth.

I was told I’d never walk again and to expect to spend my life in a wheelchair years ago. Laser has helped me to normalize a very difficult spine. Scheurmann’s Disease (I worked alongside Dr. Scheurmann at Stanford years ago and he treated my son). I wish he could see me hike and hit golf balls today.

In any case, I so appreciate you citing this work. I think non professional members can understand a great deal of this work. We have very intelligent members.

Fiona
    Participant

Yes I think so too! Now if I could just stop my husband saying ‘pew, pew pew! Vag laser time’ every time I use it! 🙂

Descending perineum syndrome/rectal descent, rectocele, sigmoidocele, cystocele after VBAC/ventouse. Laparoscopic sigmoid resection recotpexy 17/8/15. Just hoping my bottom stays put!

Leah
    Participant

Hi fiona, thanks for sharing. Very interesting.
    I have a few questions for you about your laser, shipping experience etc. Do you mind if I PM you? If so, what is your PM name?

LinaC
    Participant

Hi Trey,
    I am interested in knowing more about the laser and where I can buy it from.

Willing to give it a try. I just started using the estrace cream like 3 weeks ago and I can only say THANK YOU! It is helping me.

Diagnosed with a cystocele during second trimester of my pregnancy at the age of 22. Symptoms got better after delivery. Three years later, symptoms are back with heviness. Willing to go through process of healing and rehab. I believe in miracles💗
    California, USA

Trey

Mike Barbour
    Founder-CEO
    MicroLight Corporation of America
    Phone: 281-433-4648
    m.barbour@sbcglobal.net
    http://www.ml830.com
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/coldlasertoday

Be sure to order directly from Mike. I’ve written other posts on it. Use this email. Or chat with him on the phone. He is very helpful.
    Good luck. I use mine almost everyday for something. Right now it I’m having TMJ and it is a huge help and knee issues. Good luck, Trey

Trey

Ps you might ask Sasa about our secret group on Facebook for cold lasers for prolapse and other uses.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.