pessary causing cramps

Welcome Forums Treating Prolapse Naturally pessary causing cramps

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ber 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rachel

I’m having uncomfortable cramps and low back pain after being fitted with a pessary yesterday. At first it felt great then cramps started later in the day. Do you think I should take it out? …before it bursts through my vaginal wall or something horrible? Or should I leave it in and see if the cramping subsides?

Kristina
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

Quick question did they use a progesterone cream to insert the pessary? It could be the hormones they used to lubricate and insert the pessary rather then the pessary. If that is the case I would think it would begin to calm down later today or tomorrow.

I just insert mine with water or another lubricant like olive oil which has no effects on my hormones….

If it is the hormones they used then even if you take the pessary out it might not actually do anything and it will be a pain to get it back in.

What type of pessary do you have?

Blessings,

Kristina

Trey

Wow, Kristina, I didn’t know they inserted pessaries with progesterone. Why not simple estrogen cream, Estrace, I wonder. In light of what you said, however, I used only a tiny tiny amount of progesterone cream and it made me ILL so I hope they didn’t use that. Learn something knew often it seems.

Rachel: Is it possible that the pessary has moved into a different position?

rachel

Kristina, She used a lubricant without hormones to insert the pessary. I’m breast feeding and pretty cautious about hormones anyway. I don’t know the name of the kind I have. It’s a ring with a barrier that has some small holes in it. She gave me an extra one and said I could give it a try. That one is the same but the ring is wider and less stiff.

Trey, How can I tell if it’s moved into a different position? I didn’t feel it right away so I don’t know if it changed. It seems like oriented in a vertical plane and the top edge might be pushing against my cervix. Is that right?

It only feels crampy when standing or walking. Maybe that’s a clue.

Thank you so much for your quick responses! I was feeling a little alone with this issue. Rachel

Trey

Hi Rachel, I’ll email Kristina as I’ve never had a pessary although I’ve thought of it.

Kristina
    Participant

The only other thing I can think of is that if the cervix is resting on the center portion of the pessary it could be causing irritation and causing cramping. when your cervix is dilating is when you experience period cramping and such…

When did you have your baby?

Sometimes breast feeding can cause cramping, but this is early on first six weeks of post partum.

You might want to try the other one, and see what happens. Why type of prolapse do you have and what level?

If you are comfortable with taking the one out, take it out and then see what happens. If it goes away you have a definitive answer if the cramping remains there might be another answer.

keep us posted

Kristina

Trey

I know if it presses backwards it can push into the rectum/bowel (?) and cause cramping – I know from Googling for info, that is, not personal experience.

Ber
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

When I was fitted I found that I cramped as well. If the pessary was too large it definately caused cramping – similiar to period cramps. Even the ones that fit me still gave me cramping on and off. Maybe you would benefit from trying a different size or different shape. The cramping did improve as my body got used to having it in and although I don’t use one all the time, for the most part, I don’t get the cramping anymore. Take care.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.