Update: 9 months post partum

Welcome Forums Successful Results Update: 9 months post partum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  theblufaerie 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

theblufaerie
    Participant

Hi there, I have not been on here in a while as my lo keeps me busy. I wanted to update you all on my journey thus far. My first post was back in December 16, I was in a very dark place and couldn’t see a way out. I was shocked that this had happened to me and didn’t want to believe it. Looking back now I think I was depressed, struggling to manage with a new baby and my prolapse adding an extra layer of complications into the mix. I saw a private physio who made sure I was doing my kegals, while I waited for my NHS (UK) referral to come through, and was doing them 6 times a day 10 slow and 10 fast contractions each time. I tried pessaries that were just pushed back out again. I was living day to day and struggling, I even bought an inflatable pessary which helped, but would become annoying and made it difficult to urinate. I bought the Hab-it DVD and started to work through the sessions when my son would allow (which wasn’t very often). I was miserable and couldn’t think of a future without the bulge, without the pain and spasming of my urethra which made me feel as though I needed to pee. I didn’t go out see friends, even going to the shops was difficult.
    I stumbled onto a facebook prolapse support group and heard of hypopressives, everyone was raving about them and how they had helped. I would grasp at anything not to be feeling and living through my perceived hell. so I looked to see if there were any instructors in the UK, but all seemed to just do retreats, which I couldn’t do because of my son (I am still breastfeeding). I got in touch with an instructor in Canada who was able to do skype sessions. I have done several sessions since May and I am so happy that I started. I no longer have the pain in my urethra that I have had for the past 20 years, the bulge only appears if I have been busy or done too much, and when id is there I can only feel it a little. I saw my physio in June who was surprised to find that my cystocele and rectocele wasn’t palpable in the session and my uterus was higher than before.

I am due to see my physio again in August and I am keen to hear the results. Every week I am feeling better and better, the dark clouds have lifted and I am able to get on with my life again. I am so happy and I am able to have fun with my son, and husband. The future is bright. 🙂

Age 40, Son born on 19.10.16. Waters broke Mon morning, with contractions induced 29 hours later. Pushing for an hour, long contractions forceps delivery with tear towards urethra and medial lateral. Episiotomy cystocele grafe 2, uterine grade 1 and Rectocele, grade 2, noticed 3 weeks post partum. Obvious bulge uncomfortable and painful when walking. Burning Pain experienced in opening of urethra, disappears with urination.
    UK

activemama
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your story! Do you feel the hypopressives made the difference for you more than the physical therapy? I have not looked into the hypopressives yet so I’m not quite sure I even understand them, but I have not seen much improvement with Kegels and physical therapy and I don’t like using a pessary so I am interested in looking into other non surgical treatments.

Lize
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your progress. How wonderful you are happy again! 😊

Stage 2-3 cystocele, stage 2 rectocele, mild uterine prolapse after birth of first child in May 17. Suspected levator avulsion being investigated. Using pessary and estrogen cream, doing PT and Hab-it daily. Still coming to terms with it all.

sasa
    Participant

So glad the dark clouds have lifted and you are living life and enjoying your little one! Congratulations on how far you’ve come, very welldone!

Could you let us know who your hypopressive instructor is?

Passionate Pilates instructor who wants everyone to find healing through equilibrium.
    30 yrs, laxity/rectal descent, mod intussusception.
    Damage from many years of constipation and birth of first child. Symptoms began 1 year pp after trampolining = nerve pain and PF dysfunction. Baby #2 born naturally 3/12/16.
    Australia

theblufaerie
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your story! Do you feel the hypopressives made the difference for you more than the physical therapy? I have not looked into the hypopressives yet so I’m not quite sure I even understand them, but I have not seen much improvement with Kegels and physical therapy and I don’t like using a pessary so I am interested in looking into other non surgical treatments.

Hi Activemama, I totally do. it is only when I started doing hypopressives I really started to see and feel a difference. I would really recommend them. It’s not just about breathing and holding your breath as it is wholly reliant on the postures. The idea is to get a good pelvic and back alignment which helps with placement of the internal organs. The apnea creates a vacuum internally which also helps to contract the core and pelvic floor and maintains good resting tone, this is especially important for me as I had a hypotonic pelvic floor prior to pregnancy, kegals can actually create hypertonia in the muscles.
    I have been doing skype sessions with Trista Zinn, at first I was skeptical and thought i would prefer hands on, but she is brilliant and can spot when you are not in a good alignment. She has posted a couple of videos explaining the method in more details. I would definitely look into it, and you won’t harm yourself doing them,

Age 40, Son born on 19.10.16. Waters broke Mon morning, with contractions induced 29 hours later. Pushing for an hour, long contractions forceps delivery with tear towards urethra and medial lateral. Episiotomy cystocele grafe 2, uterine grade 1 and Rectocele, grade 2, noticed 3 weeks post partum. Obvious bulge uncomfortable and painful when walking. Burning Pain experienced in opening of urethra, disappears with urination.
    UK

theblufaerie
    Participant

Thank you. 😀

UK

theblufaerie
    Participant

So glad the dark clouds have lifted and you are living life and enjoying your little one! Congratulations on how far you’ve come, very welldone!

Could you let us know who your hypopressive instructor is?

Sure I am doing Skype sessions with Trista Zinn, She is amazing and even though she is not hands on with you she knows when your posture isn’t right and can tell when you shift a mm into the correct position.
    I would definitely get an instructor if you are looking, the postures are so hard, but key to success.

UK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.