Wind

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sasa 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

herewithyou
    Participant

Sasa, can I ask where you bought laser from and where did you place laser? I’d like to try it but scared it would flare me. Thanks x

I’m wondering too.

Prolapsed after last baby 3 years ago. Arvigo , Walking outdoors, epsom salt baths, proper rest, attention to alignment, movement, nutrition, supplements, seem to keep me the most comfortable. My symptoms come and go in type/ intensity with my hormones and my level of stress. Varied symptom base. In my 40's. Still BF. It has been a journey, in every way, and I'm getting better with God's help. USA

bandysh
    Participant

We got them from a friend of Treys out of Texas.. you just send him an email and you order it through him. He’s a super nice and helpful guy, I think his name is Mike maybe? You can use it anywhere.. vaginally, Peri area.. wherever your pain is triggering from.

Now 14 months postpartum and 12 months post prolapse. Slight cystocele/low cervix after jogging 6 weeks postpartum. Severe heaviness/dragging/nerve pain for first 6 months, now feeling good thanks to physio. Now suffer from mostly pelvic floor dysfunction. Still have trouble standing in one place for several hours at work & sex also brings symptoms. Working hard on increasing exercise intensity slowly but surely in order to get more of my active life back.

esthome
    Participant

Thanks bandysh. How much was it? Do you know what it does to nerves?

herewithyou
    Participant

Esthome
    I’m starting to wonder if this isn’t more IBS than prolapse again. The stress in my life is up, we are moving and have so many changes (good ones,but still stressful) going on. And now I’m so gassy and bloating and my bowels are so upset. Do you think any of it is IBS for you. I know I have nerve and tissue involvement due to prolapsing but I know I have IBS on top of it. IBS can cause so many
    Things that are also like prolapse in terms of symptoms.

I want a laser badly. I think I remember trey and Sasa saying that laser can help nerve but I’ll wait and see what they say.

Prolapsed after last baby 3 years ago. Arvigo , Walking outdoors, epsom salt baths, proper rest, attention to alignment, movement, nutrition, supplements, seem to keep me the most comfortable. My symptoms come and go in type/ intensity with my hormones and my level of stress. Varied symptom base. In my 40's. Still BF. It has been a journey, in every way, and I'm getting better with God's help. USA

esthome
    Participant

I don’t think it’s ibs for me. I never had it prior to childbirth and my symptoms came on 2 days after. Mine are definitely nerve though over prolapse I think. I was found to have intussecption, rectocele, enterocele and sigmoidocele and lifting it all back was supposed to help my pudendal nerve from being stretched by the prolapses. Apart from dragging feelings, it hasn’t helped much.

esthome
    Participant

I had rectopexy op. With mesh so that’s another worry.

herewithyou
    Participant

Esthome,

I have been told by one physio that I have pusendal neuralgia and confirmed by other practitioners that I have pudendal nerve involvement, so I think a lot of our issues sound similar for that reason. “My pain” as I call it (which was in my rectum and sacral area)has been better these past months, finally. I never had my “IBS” stuff until I prolapsed either. So I hear you. Mine all started all at once when all the other symptoms started… though I have always been prone to gas and bloating (but never had such a problem with my rectum and could always pass gas easily). I’m truly sorry the surgery didn’t help you. How discouraging. I have been told by every doctor or practitioner that examined me that my prolapses are far more symptomatic than it seems they should be (cystocele grade 1.5, uretrocele grade 1, rectocele grade 2). I have never had imaging or testing done but suspect internal rectal prolapsing as well as avulsion. I think my nerves scream at me down there. I couldn’t sit for nearly two years without pain and burning and had s solid block of pain in my low
    Back and sacral area for most of that time with relief sprinkled here and there. Really it’s amazing how far I have come and how much better I am. Even my own mother and sister did not get it and felt I just needed psychiatric help because of how tormented I was by my symptoms. It was the darkest night for so very long with glimpses of relief and hope sprinkled here and there. Trey says nerves take SO long to heal. I KNOW my latest set back in my rectal hell is because I stopped foam rolling and walking and taking Epsom salt baths as often. Then boom it hit. Plus I had cut back drastically on calming herbs I take as well as IBS peppermint gel caps. Then I spiral into fear and depression from the symptoms and wanting relief.

I’m better now slowly. My husband is helping me find time for self care again.

I think you and I both have nerve involvement.

I’m praying that laser would help speed that healing.

I really hope sasa sees this and comments on the laser regards nerve and also regards the mesh since you have that as a concern.

I’m sorry for talking so much on your thread. I just feel we have a lot in common with our symptom and cause base in many ways.

esthome
    Participant

I was told that my pain became chronic because I wasn’t put on nerve calming meds such as antidepressant quick enough. As such, my brain has remembered (central Sensitisation).My pain is rectal and sacral/tailbone and I’ve burning pain on one side by entrance. We do sound so similar! I hope my nerves have more healing but I was told 2 years and I’m a year and a half past that. Hopefully I’ll be surprised as gradually the pine cone feeling up my bottom has improved.
    I’m happy to talk anytime, I know how lonely it can be as it’s abit embarrassing.

herewithyou
    Participant

It’s very embarrassing!! The stigma of talking about ones rear makes it hard to let others know what’s going on. You are right about that! Did you read that thread about professor Dietz saying three years to see healing? It was good to read that. My baby turned three end of August. I am trying to believe and really do believe there’s more healing ahead. My family doctor told me that. She said she really thinks I’ll continue to improve. I didn’t even start extreme improvement until my baby was over two years old.

Yes, the brain learns those paIn pathways and gets good at it. The book Why Pelvic PaIn Hurts helped me immensely. One of my physiotherapists had me read it. Shortly after reading it I began my arvigo treatments and also my husband started the nighttime parenting and it was Around that time I saw improvements. That book helped me understand the pain more and not be so panicked by it (I need to read it again!) and have practical things to do to deal with it and relieve the pain and understand and work with it.

I didn’t have pine cone feeling, but like there was a sand bag in my rectum. Ugh!! I hated that. And it did feel like a pine cone feeling in my vagina, my vagina would burn and feel raw and bludgeoned.

Do compression shorts help you? They do help me. I try to follow tasha guideline to keep below hip
    Bone. I even got the exact brand she rexommends with the padding in the crotch. They do help me.

At first, I had mentholated (icy hot) sensations of pain in my rectal sacral area with any need to empty my bowel. Clearly I had a nerve that was hampered. Then that turned to period like pain and also ache and odd pain with any bowel involvement. That has all slowly healed. Now it’s more like a tension and constriction in my rectum and Glutes after I eat and when I awaken or when my bowel is messed up in any way.

It’s crazy! It’s hard when I am flared to go anywhere and eat away from home or be gone for too too long.

esthome
    Participant

All we can do is hold onto hope. I think for whatever reason my rectum became hypersensitive so any stool left behind troubles me. Why I can’t empty fully, no one knows but I know it isn’t normal for it to trouble me like it does when I haven’t emptied it all out. I’ve not tried compression shorts but will look into those. I think it’s good you have seen changes as it shows the nerve is improving. Please do send me a pm if you’d like to ever talk about anything.

herewithyou
    Participant

Desoto brand compression shorts are the ones I like and tasha recommends

Yes my rectum is hypersensitive I am sure of it and during a “flare” that’s when my troubles are turned up

Sasa has many brands of compression shorts she likes too

Maybe she will answer you regards laser and nerve issues and mesh as well

I’m pleased to know you esthome and you too may message me anytime.

God bless us both with more healing in days ahead.

sasa
    Participant

Sasa, can I ask where you bought laser from and where did you place laser? I’d like to try it but scared it would flare me. Thanks x

Sorry it took awhile for me to get back here! If you contact Mike Barbour from microlight be will be able able to answer any questions on the laser. I found him very kind and helpful, emailed back to every inquiry, set up phone call which was not easy with the time difference. I use it for all sorts of things not just pelvis, if you’d like to join our FB laser group for PH members pm me.

Passionate Pilates instructor who wants everyone to find healing through equilibrium.
    30 yrs, laxity/rectal descent, mod intussusception.
    Damage from many years of constipation and birth of first child. Symptoms began 1 year pp after trampolining = nerve pain and PF dysfunction. Baby #2 born naturally 3/12/16.
    Australia

sasa
    Participant

I did my research about 2 years ago and exact details/studies/research are a little fuzzy now so forgive my lack of scientific detail in this overview.

The laser helps hypertone as the light going into the muscle cells causes them to realease their grip on each other and trigger points and tightness disappear – best thing for me as it’s non invasive. Laser also powers the cells so they have been kickstarted with energy to create the building blocks for healing. It is known for many to bring pain relief and the light has certainly calmed my nerves as I also was diagnosed with peudendal neralgia – and esthome the antidepressants took the edge off but didn’t get rid of it. For me laser was the only thing that worked every time, it could be the arvo of a 10/10 on the pain scale day and I’d use it and pain would come down and continue to wind down throughout the evening, this wind down on the evening was magic for me as that was my worst time and pain consistently got worse and worse as the day went on regardless of self care and meds. Again this is just me, but I do know it’s helped a couple of my pelvicly challenged friends as well.

If you do contact Mike tell him your from this forum as he gives us a discount. He has refurbished lasers at cheaper cost and often has 2 for 1 deals. You can see the range Here

Please go through Mike directly as from my understanding he is the only one who gives discount. I got the smart laser, was almost $5000 AUD but that is with a terrible exchange rate so it’s much cheaper than that in USD.

Passionate Pilates instructor who wants everyone to find healing through equilibrium.
    30 yrs, laxity/rectal descent, mod intussusception.
    Damage from many years of constipation and birth of first child. Symptoms began 1 year pp after trampolining = nerve pain and PF dysfunction. Baby #2 born naturally 3/12/16.
    Australia

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.